Wednesday 10 June 2015

Of Pencils, Vin Rouge and an inspired Imagination

Sat on the floor next to a glass of red wine at 2pm like it's normal, pencil in hand, sketch book on my lap, an image of a cuddling couple slowing taking shape on the hard piece of cream paper in my sketchbook. It's a beautiful, sunny day! As I sit here I recollect the events of this day that have led to this moment - waking up at 9am like I've got no chores to do (well, I don't. I'm on my own in a six bed flat on campus in the middle of nowhere) The only company I have is my teddy bear, which I proceed to kiss on the forehead like it's my baby. Yes, I'm THAT girl. I stretch and yawn and roll over to face the room, a nice, well-lived space with bits and bobs out of place. I'm not a clean freak, but it isn't untidy either. I reach over for my phone and see several notifications flashing on the screen, but only one catches my eye. With an automatic smile on my face, I unlock the phone and read the message. I'm quite happy to wake up to a beautiful message tailored especially for me, because I'm no ordinary girl, I'm different, and the things that make me smile are different to the next girl's favourites. Waking up to cute texts is the best thing in the world. Immediately, I knew I'd have a good day. 

As I lay in bed thinking of what to do with myself, an idea popped into my head from one of the many boxes in my mind where I keep my reminders. I decided to sketch. With so much energy and enthusiasm, i got out of bed and grabbed the huge box where I keep all my art things - paints, paint brushes, pencils, and even a picture frame amongst other items. I spread my pink fleece blanket on the boring brown carpet that I've grown to love as it hides the red wine stains from the countless times I've knocked my glass over, looked for some relaxing music to keep me motivated and made myself comfortable. At the very last minute, I looked over to my study desk and spotted the bottle of red wine one of my friends had so generously given me the night before to apologise for being late for dinner.

Quickly, I looked around for a wine glass, only to realise everything was in the kitchen (where it belongs). The idea of having to put some proper clothes on to venture to the kitchen really bothered me for a minute, then I remembered I had the flat all to myself. Like a naughty child, I excitedly tip-toed to the door, slowly opened it carefully as if there's anybody out there who could hear me. I looked around, just in case the housekeeper was around, then ran across the hall to the kitchen! I grabbed a wine glass and sped back to my room, poured myself a glass, took one sip and relaxed. Now, here I am, still on the floor with 3 sketches staring at me. I'm going to take my time with these... 



No comments:

Post a Comment