Wednesday 27 August 2014

Believe Me, I'm lying...


He poured his heart out to me,
Like torrents of rain on a gloomy Friday night in the countryside
I was young and naive, vulnerable and fragile
Cynical, I never was. 
Trust, love, second chances and faith were the food to my soul, 
without those, I was as good as a withered rose.
He poured her heart out to me, he poured it all out.

Naive as I was, useless and too trustful, 
Gullible and fragile, I took his word for it. 
I've hated, I've scorned, I've been angered for his sake. 
I've cursed and I've hurt; I've provoked for his sake. 
I've lied and I've cried each time I blamed myself for his misery. 
I never loved myself enough to think, to believe, to imagine 
That I could be a good and worthy person - oh no. 
Then he poured his heart out while I sat there and listened.

The dark clouds, a symbol of the storm that was fast approaching, 
Were merely some cute fluffy grey clouds to me. 
How was I to know that it was a sign? How was I to know?
As vulnerable as I was, he entrusted me with important information. 
He toasted me with his cries like I was a piece of bread, waiting to be devoured
He even buttered me both ways, and in one bite, I was gone.
Young as I was, I listened to his story. 
'Believe me' I heard him say, and I took it all in like a helpless child. 
But if I had listened more carefully, I would have heard him whisper softly in the shadows of the night, 
'Believe me, I'm  lying...'

20 July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment