Sunday 19 October 2014

How To Look Good Naked


You must be very curious as to why I chose this title for this post. Well, read on... When people hear or read "someone was walking down the road naked", they immediately imagine embarrassment, shame, people mocking said naked person, they even try to put themselves in said person's shoes and their faces screw up in horror! Nowadays, it's such a shame that a lot of us feel "naked" when we walk around with no make up on. It's almost the same kind of notion that comes up with people literally walking naked in the streets. Heck, I've met girls who REFUSED point blank to come out of the house with not a bit of make up on, let alone venture into town! (*gasp* God forbid!) I'm still uncertain of the root cause of this, but what I do know is that society plays a vital part in this catastrophe. Which brings me to the first and possibly main point of this post. What is pretty?



Is "pretty" being covered with layers upon layers of makeup? Is "pretty" painting yourself into an unrecognisable individual just so society can accept you as a normal human being? Is "pretty" what you see in magazines, those airbrushed models photoshopped to perfection? What, really, is pretty? I know plenty of people have very low self-esteem when it comes to how they naturally look. We all have insecurities. Those who know me well know how insecure I am sometimes about my bra-size and how much I wish I was different, but one thing that keeps me going is knowing that nobody is perfect. Everybody, even the Angelina Jolies and the Lauren Londons of this world have their insecurities and plenty of things they'd like to change about themselves. How then, you may ask, can you look good naked? It's psychological.

The way you project yourself to the rest of the world is exactly how they view you (kind of like a reverse self-fulfilling prophecy). Those people who just automatically become confident around new people tend to find it easier to settle in with others than those who shy away at first. When you walk with your head high, people admire that confidence that they look past your "flaws" and embrace you just the way you embrace yourself. I mean, who's going to want to love you when you don't even want to love yourself? Ponder over that. This week, I'm going to challenge myself to spend the whole week with no make up on, and FEEL good about it. I wasn't born wearing make up and make up is now distorting what I was naturally blessed with. It's all about taking good care of yourself! I do understand that some people have major self-esteem issues which date back to maybe their childhood or some traumatic unfortunate event or the other. However, I believe in rising above it rather than admitting defeat. Society will always have an opinion, so, I suppose, do what makes YOU feel good. And I hope you don't feel "good" when society feels good, when those "likes" keep rolling in as you're hiding behind that mask. MAKE THEM see you the way you truly are. Make them accept you as you are, don't let them change you into what THEY want you to be. Just be you, BEaUtiful.

How am I going to achieve this, walk around naked and actually feel good about it? Well, I am going to drink plenty of water as I know it helps your skin to become smoother. I am going to eat clean and healthy (so, no chocolate, no crisps, no junk food) and best of all, I'm going to sleep on time. Sleep is vital because if one doesn't get enough sleep, one wakes up looking like a panda (I know how that feels). However, please please please don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look "pretty" or wearing make up. I'm going to carry on wearing make up once in a while when I feel like it. I just don't want it to dominate my life to the point where I cannot allow anybody to see me "naked". I'll be posting a photo daily showing how I look "naked". I shall groom myself, of course, and that always makes me feel good on the inside, which in turn makes me feel like I look good on the outside. This is a challenge as I have patchy eyebrows, but I am going to learn to deal with them, brush them well and present them well so they look "half-decent". Let's do this!

#WhatIsPretty

#JustShannersChallenge

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment