Monday 4 May 2015

30 Day Lean Me: Days 1-3

Day 1:

Today is the beginning of what shall hopefully be a lifestyle thing! That summer body won't come while I sit on my butt doing nothing, so I motivated myself to get out of bed this morning and did my workout. My current body mass and body fat are very poor, therefore I feel the need to do something about it.

Weighed in at Boots

First, I stretched to avoid achey muscles, and then I did the first round of squats, sit ups and lunges. My body was still slightly stiff from sleep, therefore it took me a few seconds longer to complete than the second round when I breezed through it since my body muscles were well stretched out.

Afterwards, I took a slice of lemon and put it in a mug with hot water, then I drank it all. I had 500ml of water, took a shower and then had breakfast. For breakfast, I had granola in semi-skimmed milk with raisins and banana. It was actually very yummy and filling.

To start off the day...

For lunch, I made baked jacket potato with baked beans and broccoli. I didn't get a chance to do the optional afternoon workout as I had to go to work, however.
Lunch...


For dinner I had a large mixed leaf salad with cherry tomatoes and cucumber, dressed in char-grilled yellow pepper dressing, and a quarter chicken. I spent hours on my feet moving up and down that by the time I got back to my flat, I just collapsed in bed from exhaustion.
Dinner

Overall, day 1 was a good start. The more I keep it up, the easier it will all be.


***************************

Day 2:

 Today I woke up quite early to travel to Hendon for a training weekend. I had a quick moment to do my morning work out:10 sumo squats (squating with legs wide apart), 10 sit ups with raised knees, 10 lunges (hold lunge for 5 seconds) and repeated it all. After my shower, I had granola again but only with raisins this time.
Breakfast

The rest of the day was a shambles to say the least! Firstly, although I brought my fruit along for lunch and snacking (grapges, banana and apple), I was so hungry by the time I got to Hendon, and luckily it was lunchtime. I had an egg and cress sandwich on wholewheat bread, which was a better option to BLT or bacon and chicken! I had plenty of water throughout the day to keep any hunger at bay. Dinner time we were taken to a pub where I ordered a steak with peas and fries *covers face*, and to make it worse, I succumbed to temptation and had dessert! Quite a disappointing day overall, but tomorrow will be better!


***************************


Day 3:

For breakfast, I went to a small restaurant and ordered vegetarian sausages with eggs, mushroom, hash brown and baked beans to go. It's not entirely healthy, but the alternative was bacon and that was out of the question!

Quick brekkie


For lunch I had yet another egg and cress sandwich and orange juice. I also snacked on a banana, and drank loads of water. I then travelled back to Colchester and made myself dinner! I had an oven grilled fish seasoned with salt, garlic, lemon and lemon grass. I served it with two tablespoons of mash, sauteed asparagus with mushrooms and garlic. It was a really light, yummy meal which I thoroughly enjoyed! I did 20 minutes of P90X and then got ready for bed. 

Dinner...


Overall, this weekend has been somewhat disappointing, but I'm glad I began, therefore tomorrow I'll make sure I remain consistent. 3 days down, 27 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment