Thursday 14 May 2015

30 Day Lean Me: Days 7-13

With exams and revision taking up my time, I barely have time to type up updates on my blog, but I definitely am keeping up with my workouts and clean eating. In this case, I've decided to post weekly rather than every three days in order to focus more on my revision. Now my workouts are getting more and more intense, and with 9am exams which are 3 hours long, some days I've had to work out early morning when I wake up, around 5.30am. This exam season is a blessing in disguise, despite how much I hate waking up in the morning! It's helped me to be more disciplined and my body is getting accustomed to waking up early.

Day 7:

I did my workouts first thing in the morning, had a glass of hot lemon water and then a bowl of cereal. 


granola, spinach and pepper omelette, baked sweet potato and beef livers

Day 8 I had left over livers from the previous night's dinner for lunch, with bread with hummus spread. Dinner was a lazy one, salad with grilled yellow pepper dressing and chicken wings from Nandos.
granola, livers, bread and hummus, and salad with chicken wings

Day 9 went perfectly well. I had granola again for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch and pork chop with half a jacket potato and sauteed vegetables. My morning workout went well and my body could feel the pain as intensity is increasing.



Day 10 was a day to be proud of. My gym partner had been home all this time, and I hated going to the gym on my own, therefore whenever she wasn't around I simply wouldn't go to the gym. This time, however, I remembered why I'm doing this - for me. Therefore that means with a partner or not, I should go to the gym. I was well sweaty and sticky afterwards, and I felt proud of myself! I ate pretty well as well during the day and I spent most of the day studying! For dinner I simply had left overs from the previous night, and I snacked on pistachios.


Day 11 I woke up, did my workout which has now increased in intensity as well, and prepared for the day. I had breakfast and prepared a packed lunch as I was going to spend the whole day in the library. I was disappointed with how the day ended as I was too hungry to return to my flat to cook, so I ordered food in one of the restaurants on campus. Although very yummy, it isn't healthy at all. I had chicken wings and a bit of fries! However, I was to make up for that the following day.

Day 12 I woke up around 6am for my 9am exam, did some revision and never got the chance to do my workout. I did after the exam during the afternoon, as I felt that it's better late than never and consistency is what will help me achieve my fitness goals. I had a quick breakfast of yoghurt and a raw fruit bar. Dinner was inspired by Ivy Mango Chatora, my kitchen role model as I like to call her. If I'm being honest, I got the inspiration to be even more creative with food from her and I absolutely love her works!

wholemeal toast, baked beans, egg and mushroom - the perfect post exam lunch!
Baked sweet potato wedges, grilled fish on a bed of vegetables (carrots, asparagus, peppers and onion)


Day 13 I had another exam at 9am (all my exams are at 9am) and once again, I didn't do my workout until after. It really is very hard now but I can't give up! I'm on a roll! I snack throughout the day to curb hunger and improve my metabolism, and I hope it doesn't just stop at 30 days!

raw fruit and nut bar, yoghurt, wholemeal toast with beans and eggs, and tuna-beans balls with sweet potato wedges and sauteed spinach with chick peas.


That's all for now, until next week xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment