Thursday 7 May 2015

30 Day Lean Me: Days 4-6





Getting fit is no easy task, that's for sure. Plunging in to a journey head-first without mentally preparing yourself will deter your success, so will setting unrealistic goals. The key to achieving any goal is consistency in everything you do to work towards that goal. That being said, I'd like to share that I had my doubts on day 5 when the intensity of the morning routine increased, and I looked with dread at days 21 on-wards when it will get even worse. I used to set myself goals (fitness goals), but rarely stuck to them and rarely saw them through. I'm happy to say that's a thing of the past and I'm even more disciplined now than I was then. Having goals that you can actually visualise (comparing myself now to myself early last year when I had a healthier lifestyle) is such an encouragement. I've removed myself from situations that tempt me to go off my clean-eating, and even as I go to work, I'm not tempted to order creamy mash or chips with my food but head straight for that salad without batting my eyelids! I can't explain how liberating that feels! One needs to discipline one's body before it rules them. I do not wish to be one of those people who end up being unable to focus or control themselves, because self-control begins with even the smallest things like not pressing the snooze button on your alarm each morning (I'm still working on that), not procrastinating (still working on it), and another important thing this journey is teaching me is to plan ahead! I plan my meals ahead and have to schedule my day to accommodate exercising time. This will hopefully become habitual at the end of the journey, which is exactly what I will need for the forthcoming academic years.


Day 4:

I did all my workouts and my muscles were starting to ache a little bit. Below are my meals:

Breakfast - granola with semi skimmed milk and banana

Lunch: wholemeal toast with baked beans and freshly made strawberry and banana smoothie

Dinner: Grilled chicken thighs with avocado and pineapple

Day 5:

The workouts were intense today and I killed myself in the gym some more!

Breakfast: Fruit salad (apple, tangerine, strawberries, grapes) with strawberry yoghurt

Lunch: two boiled eggs, carrot sticks and baked beans

mid-afternoon snack - home made hummus spread on a slice of toast
Time spent on a cross trainer
Time spent on treadmill. Calories counted 15 minutes in, therefore inaccurate


Working a sweat
                                          

Dinner: roast pork ribs, broccoli and sauteed aubergine, mushroom, onion, peppers and garlic

Day 6:

Woke up with achey muscles after last night's gym session! Did my morning workout, wincing throughout but it worked out well.

Breakfast: Fruit salad with cherry yoghurt

Lunch: wholemeal toast with baked beans and my first attempt at poached egg

Mid afternoon snack: hummus with peri peri drizzle and an avocado

Dinner: left over pork ribs, aubergine, mushroom, peppers, onion, garlic, and baked sweet potato wedges

Midnight snack (raw cocoa, dates and nuts bar) in the library while I studied

I'm quite pleased with my progress the past three days. The first three were disappointing on my part, but I worked hard to rectify that! Hopefully, the show goes on and I get better and better!



No comments:

Post a Comment